The Deputy Director will assist in the day to day management, development, and maintenance of the project. The director will be responsible for overseeing a software development project and will work with the project team in an Agile environment to plan, develop and deliver project priorities, sprints, levels of effort, milestones. and deliverables. The ideal candidate will be someone with excellent public speaking skills, is passionate about software development, well versed in Agile software development techniques, and capable of learning all aspects of the program. The program includes software development efforts associated with technology based assessment system development, enterprise data warehouse development, web site design and support, web content management, SharePoint collaboration and workflow application development, mobile application development, training, and help desk support
Manage the entire development and implementation life cycle for the project, focusing on project scheduling and the on-time delivery of high quality, reliable and easy to use systems in an Agile development environment.
• Drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities.
• Provide domain-specific expertise and overall software applications leadership, perspective and advice to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
• Actively participate in calls, meetings and presentations with co-workers and high level representatives from partner companies and vendors working on the program.
• Ensure project is completed on time and within budget.
• Perform a variety of complicated tasks with enthusiasm and creativity.
• Respond to direct tasking from the Project Director, Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) for the project.
• Work with senior management to provide updates regarding contractor team activities, schedule and budget updates, and regular interfacing with customer.
• Manage a team of staff working on the project.
• Oversee system architecture, design and coding.
• Oversee and assist with analyzing business and technical requirements.
• Oversee and assist with the design, development, debugging and testing of software enhancements and/or new products in local, networked, or Web services applications.
• Oversee and assist with the creation of design documents, conducting of design and code reviews, development of unit tests, debugging of defects, and releasing of systems.
• Review and evaluate designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
• Assist in the development of monthly progress reports detailing work performed, schedule of activities, and issues/concerns arising or potentially arising in the following month’s efforts, submitted by the second Friday of each month.
• Study and become expert in the depth and breadth of the program.
• Use experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Conduct occasional travel within the DC metro area and nationwide as needed.
• Other duties may be assigned, as necessary
A qualified candidate for the Deputy Director position MUST possess the following:
• An undergraduate degree majoring in an Engineering discipline, Physics, Computer Science or Math with a strong Computer Science background.
• Highly self-motivated with excellent technical and inter-personal skills.
• Ability to communicate both technical and non-technical information clearly and succinctly in discussions, presentations and answers to questions from customers
• Familiarity with modern software development tools, concepts, practices and procedures such as Object-Oriented Programming, Design Patterns, Dependency Injection, Inversion of Control, Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Automated Testing and Continuous Integration
• Proven experience working in an Agile environment
• 10+ years of software development experience
• 5+ years of experience developing Web based applications
• 5 years minimum experience with C# with good working knowledge of ASP.NET and Microsoft MVC
• 5 years minimum experience using recent (2010+) versions of Microsoft Visual Studio
• 2 years minimum experience programming in SQL Relational Databases (SQL-Server, Oracle, MySQL) and a good working knowledge of SQL and SQL Server Management Studio
• Ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. Government Public Trust
• An undergraduate or post-graduate degree in Computer Science
• Experience with recent versions (2010+) of Microsoft Visual Studio
• Experience with recent versions (4.x) of the Microsoft .NET Architecture and ASP.NET
• Experience with recent versions (3.x or 4.x) of the Microsoft MVC Framework
• Experience in Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
• Technical and project management certifications
• Experience in the development of winning proposals
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop,kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
EOE- Fulcrum is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
“CJ” *MON* #Dice